Volunteers do a lot at CJAM – every time you tune in at 99.1 FM you’re hearing a volunteer on the air. Volunteers also help by maintaining our enormous music library, writing radio scrips, producing public service announcements, interviewing cool artists, reviewing music, helping out at festivals & events, updating our social media, and so much more!
Want to learn more about the music we play? Listen to CJAM at 99.1 FM, stream us live from our website or access our monthly archives on-line under the “programming” tab. It’s the best way to learn what we’re all about and what our schedule already offers – this way, if you develop an interest in programming you’ll be able to propose something that adds to the diversity of shows in our current lineup.
Become familiar with our station mandate; CJAM is part of a national network of campus and community radio stations whose mission is to provide an alternative to mainstream/commercial interests and the CBC.
CJAM is redefining radio in Windsor//Detroit. We are looking for are individuals who are open-minded, have a willingness to try things and meet new people, possess a passion for radio, and desire further engagement with the community.
What will you get out of being a CJAM Volunteer?
- Learn the art of radio broadcasting for FREE!
- Gain access to our extensive music library, containing over 45,000 CDs and 10,000 vinyl’s (borrowing privileges included).
- Free concert tickets and access to music before major release dates.
- Enrollment in skill-expansion workshops to further develop your broadcasting chops.
- Exclusive admission to a number of volunteer appreciation events, including our annual Jammy Awards ceremony.
- Support of your programming/radio goals; we’ll even give you the tools needed to compile your own demo-reel if you’re looking for employment in the radio-broadcasting industry.
- Volunteer experience that will look great on any resume, with references upon request.
- Networking with people from a variety of backgrounds and forging deep ties to the Windsor//Detroit community.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Want to become part of a station with a rich history and an exciting future? Join the CJAM family today and start making friendships that will last a lifetime.
COVID-19 Updates & Volunteering
In-station activity is back! As per University of Windsor policy, anyone visiting must wear a mask while on campus. We are OPEN to in-person training sessions, live studio broadcasting, and recording booth bookings.
CJAM FM will continue to host online & in-person orientation and training sessions. To find out about our next session email our Program Director at programcjam @ gmail dot com
We have a limited amount record-from-home kits available for volunteer hosts to use! You can work on voice, editing projects and shows from the comfort of your own home.
In-person orientation takes place at CJAM’s headquarters, located in the basement of the CAW Student Center (around the corner from the Multi-Faith Space) and lasts approximately 45 minutes. We’ll dive into the station’s fascinating history, take you on a tour of our facilities and introduce you to our friendly staff and some of our volunteers.