CJAM 99.1 FM is hiring a Concert & Webinar Coordinator.
This position was made possible through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
Canada Summer Jobs requires that all applicants must:
– be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of the employment*
– be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
– have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
*You must be 15 years of age at the beginning of the employment period. You may be more than 30 years of age at the end of the employment period as long as you are 30 at the beginning of the employment period.
Concert & Webinar Coordinator
FLEX // in-person + remote
As CJAM’s Concert & Webinar Coordinator you would be responsible for:
– organizing & hosting at least one online or in-person concert and/or recording session featuring local musicians
– creating a social media/awareness campaign to promote the concert/session
– organizing & hosting at least one online workshop
– connecting with local arts organizations to seek out speakers
– creating a weekly audio calendar outlining upcoming events
– utilizing CJAMs social media to promote any events & CJAM programming
– creating a weekly radio program
– attending staff meetings
– reporting to CJAM FM’s station manager
Our ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
– proficient/familiar with Adobe Audition, Audacity, Garage Band, or other audio recording software
– experience in organizing events an asset
– excellent interpersonal & communication skills
– knowledge of various social media platforms
– ability to navigate online experiences
– ability to be flexible & creative with ideas
– graphic design experience an asset
– familiar with CJAM FMs programming an asset
**Don’t have any broadcast/podcast experience?! Don’t worry–we will train you because teaching radio skills is what we do!**
Start Date: June 6th 2022 (flexible)
35 hours/week – $15.50/hour
8 week contract
Please email your cover letter & resume to cjampres@ gmail.com
Applications will be accepted until May 23rd 2022 at midnight
We welcome and encourage applicants to self-identify in their cover letter. If you have any accessibility needs, please let us know. CJAM is an anti-sexist, anti-racist, anti-homophobic organization committed to diversity and equity. We strongly encourage applications from all visible and non-visible minorities.
This is a flex of in-person & remote work depending on the tasks. The chosen applicant will work together with CJAM staff to craft a schedule that works for the projects we’re hoping to accomplish, along with your creative input and vision for the 8 week contract. You will have full access to CJAMs office and studio facilities. Working from home will include staying in communication with CJAM management via digital staff meetings on Zoom, our private Discord server, phone calls, and email.
CJAM FM is committed to the safety of our staff, volunteers, and community members. While it is no longer required by the University of Windsor, CJAM FM expects all staff members, including grant and contract employees, to be fully vaccinated. It is required by the University of Windsor policies and CJAM FM policies that you wear a mask at all times while in common areas of CJAM FM. (PPE is available at CJAM FM for staff & volunteer use) If you have concerns regarding COVID-19 working conditions, reach out to Station Manager Carley Schweitzer at statcjam @ gmail.com or by phone at 519-253-3000 ex2525
Common Goals // CJAM 99.1 FM is a nonprofit campus-based community radio station. We provide music and information programming not offered by mainstream commercial media in the Wawiiatanong (Detroit River) area, encompassing Windsor, ON and Detroit, USA. We serve people and groups within the community who are under-represented or maligned by mainstream media; CJAM 99.1 FM is dedicated to maintaining a forum of expression and shared views.